- Designed to help vloggers, content creators, mobile journalists, and run-and-gun videographers achieve clear, high-quality audio capture for their video shoots, the compact and lightweight Saramonic Vmic Pro Mark II camera-mount shotgun microphone combines focused front-facing directionality, onboard controls for level and tone adjustments, and convenient headphone monitoring.
- Its integrated shockmount allows easy mounting on a camera shoe or tripod while inhibiting vibrations and handling noise, and a coiled TRS cable is supplied for orderly wiring between the mic and your camera or portable recorder.
- By operating on AA batteries (available separately), the Vmic Pro Mark II is able to work with cameras that don’t supply plug-in power or phantom power. Plus, you can just swap batteries and skip the time needed to recharge internal batteries. The rear of the mic features onboard controls for the 3-stage gain adjustment, high-pass filter, and treble boost—helpful functions that let you optimize the signal quality at the mic instead of during postproduction. The mic comes with a foam windscreen, which reduces noise from mild breezes, fans, and more.
- Vmic Mark II vs Vmic Pro Mark II
- Whereas the Vmic Mark II incorporates a cardioid polar pattern, the Pro variant features a supercardioid polar response for even more focused sound pickup. Also, the Vmic Pro Mark II boasts higher sensitivity and an improved signal-to-noise ratio.
- Highly Directional Response
- The Vmic Pro Mark II is a full-sized shotgun with a 6.3 x 0.9″ interference tube and ultralow-noise electronics, delivering a broad frequency range and detailed, broadcast-quality sound. It features a highly directional supercardioid polar pattern that focuses on sound in front of it while providing enhanced off-axis rejection at the sides and rear. This makes it a considerable step up from the quality of internal camera mics.
- High-Quality Sound and Enhanced Control
- The Vmic Pro Mark II features an array of selectable audio controls allowing users to tailor the mic’s sound and performance to always get optimum sound. It features a gain control with three positions—the +20 dB boost is for achieving ultraclean gain on cameras with noisy preamps, the 0 dB setting is for use with high-quality preamps, and -10 dB pad allows clean capture of loud sounds without distortion.
- A 150 Hz high-pass filter eliminates low-frequency noise and rumble caused by HVAC systems, wind, or footsteps that can ruin a recording. A +6 dB high-frequency boost enhances vocal intelligibility and compensates for lost frequencies when using a furry windscreen, like the VMIC-WS (available separately). All the controls are easy to use and easy to see, even in low-light conditions.
- Rugged and Adaptable
- Built with durable metal construction, the Vmic Pro Mark II will handily survive the demanding world of video production. An impressively robust and virtually indestructible integrated shockmount isolates it from unwanted vibration noise and includes a camera-shoe mount with metal 1/4″-20 thread, allowing you to mount it to cameras, boompoles, stands, camera cages, and tripods with ease.
- Headphone Monitoring and Expanded Connectivity
- A built-in headphone output on the Vmic Pro Mark II enables you to hear your sound, even when your camera lacks a headphone jack. Use the included short, coiled output cable to connect the main 3.5mm output jack to your camera, mixer, or recorder. Since the cable is removable, it allows use of other 3.5mm TRS output cables (available separately) in its place. Attach a longer cable for use on a boompole, use a 3.5mm to Lightning cable (Saramonic SR-C2000) to connect to iPhones and iPads, 3.5mm to USB Type-C cable (Saramonic SR-C2001) to connect to Android smartphones, tablets and computers, or a 3.5mm to TRRS cable (Saramonic SR-PMC2) for smartphones, tablets, and modern computers with a headphone port.
- Battery Power
- The Vmic Pro Mark II runs on two AA batteries (available separately), so your camera or recording device doesn’t need to supply plug-in power or phantom power.
- In the Box
- Saramonic Vmic Pro Mark II Camera-Mount Shotgun Microphone
- Foam Windscreen
- Saramonic WM4C-C35 Right-Angle 3.5mm TRS Coiled Output Cable
Saramonic VMIC Pro Super Directional Video Condenser Microphone
- Studio-Quality Sound
- Three-Position Gain Adjustment
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz Frequency Response
- Headphone Monitor Output
Out of stock